(Okay, maybe it's not a real word!)
As we see the days getting longer, the hope of spending more time outside is something many of us are anxiously looking forward to. Our vehicles definitely need some TLC so they can put forth their seasonal best.
Start with a thorough cleaning. What odd things did you leave in your car during the winter blahs?
- Front End Safety check
- Steering & Suspension
- Belts & Hoses
- Fluctuations in temperature can reduce air pressure
- Property filled tires enhances gas mileage &
- Prevent uneven wear and tear of your vehicle
- Check for bald spots, uneven wear and tear
- Front End Alignment Check
- Potholes and sliding into curbs can affect your alignment
- Emergency Maintenance Check
- Spare Tire
- Tire Iron
- Road Map (back-up to electronic GPS)
- Tire Inflator
- Spare Fluids (use organizer to keep them neat)
- Power Steering Fluid
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Personal Emergency Items
- Small address book with emergency contacts
- Bottled water (rotate frequently)
- Protein snacks (rotate frequently)
- First Aid Kit
- Back-up Phone Charger
Now is the perfect time to get your car season ready. Add your own personal items of need to this list. This will let you travel in comfort knowing you are safe and prepared.
It is also a good time to have your auto insurance reviewed. You may discover a cheap rate on car insurance or find that you qualify for auto insurance discounts. You may want to consider a “Roadside Assistance” insurance policy. These plans are so economical and generally pay for themselves with one emergency that pops up. A great way to expect the unexpected; especially when you take into consideration that your other family members are driving the car.
IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR LOW COST AUTO INSURANCE GIVE US A CALL AT