Saturday, June 14, 2014

NAHU Members Provide Smart Edge to Save on Health Insurance

   
 First off, look for a representative who is a member of NAHU. You have heard the saying “Work smarter, not harder,” and if you practice it, you most certainly reap its benefits.
   

 When it comes to medical insurance, you want the most affordable health insurance available.
     What is NAHU and why is it important?   It is the National Association of Health Underwriters. One of their aims is to obtain insurance for their clients who are struggling to balance the need to purchase high quality and comprehensive health coverage with the reality of rapidly escalating medical care costs.
     Members of NAHU serve Individuals and families. NAHU members also serve Employers looking to provide quality health insurance to their employees.  
They are bound by a code of ethics:

  •  To hold the selling, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a professional and public trust and do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
  •  To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
  •  To respect my clients’ trust in me and to never do anything that would betray their trust or confidence.
  •  To give all service possible when service is needed.
  • To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
  •   To use no advertising which I know may be false or misleading.
  •   To consider the sale, service and administration of health insurance and related products as a career, to know and abide by the laws of any jurisdiction,  Federal and State in which I practice and seek constantly to increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
  • To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practice which may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
  • To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications which reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
  • To extend honest and professional conduct to my clients, associates, fellow agent and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.
    

     This all boils down to having YOU get the best quality health insurance and the best possible price for insurance because they are bound to serve their customers interests first. You are two steps ahead by using an agent who is a member of NAHU and has a good Better Business Bureau rating. Such an agent is driven by a motive to serve customers with honesty and integrity rather than a broker who is always looking at this bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment